Photography: Michel Amado
JARAMAR SOTO is a singer, songwriter, producer and manager with more than 30 years of professional experience. The discography of her solo project includes 15 albums. As guest artist, she is also part of multiple compilations and albums. Her album “El Hilo Invisible”(The Invisible Thread) was awarded a Latin Grammy as “Best Classical Music Album” of 2016. Jaramar has presented her musical work on the main national stages and festivals, as well as in the United States, Canada, Ecuador, Cuba, France, Portugal, Belgium, Holland, Switzerland, Germany and India. She has also created, produced and interpreted multidisciplinary stage projects with the collaboration of national artists and companies. She has participated as a composer and performer in the creation of music for films such as “Volverás”, “1973”, “Manual de uso para una espacial espacial”, “El fogonero del delirio” and “Cinco de Mayo: The battle”. She has been a grant holder of the National Fund for Culture and the Arts on several occasions. Jaramar is the general director of Casa De Maniobras.
Some soundtracks in which Jaramar has participated:
• Blackaman del Bueno, Vendedor de Milagros. Short film by Miguel Curiel (France).
• Volverás. Feature film by Antonio Chavarrías (Spain / Mexico).
• 1973. Documentary feature film by Antonino Isordia (Mexico).
• Manual de Uso Para Una Nave Espacial. Documentary feature film by Horacio Alcalá
• Fogonero del Delirio. Documentary feature film by Gustavo Domínguez (Mexico).
• Cinco de Mayo: La Batalla”. Feature film by Rafa Lara (Mexico) – also appeared as actress
performing "Flor de mi labios", original song composed by Jaramar for the film.